• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 194
Total: 195

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

greetings

Started by revanne, April 06, 2013, 08:30:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Hi all - guess from reading posts that there are few contributors from this side of the pond so hello from Birkenhead. From anyone outside Merseyside that's near Liverpool, to us Liverpool is "over the water" i.e across the Mersey. I read the Camber/ Deryni novels some 30 years ago at a friend's house and somehow lost touch with them. Thanks to Amazon I have been well and truly hooked ( memo to self - as an Anglican Priest getting hooked on books in Lent and Easter is bad!!. Still I had Duncan to make me feel properly guilty)

Women priests in the Church of England are still not totally accepted here and I so resonated to Duncan's defence of his priesthood in Quest for Saint Camber -believe me at that point KK knows exactly whereoff she speaks. Still makes me cry, and for all my RC sisters who have even got this far.

Look forward to spending time with you all - @Evie love your stories,
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Very glad to meet you, revanne.  And thank you!  I actually have a couple of stories half written and waiting for me to get back to them, if I ever get past having more stuff to do and less time to do it all in.  *sigh*  Do you happen to write fanfic?  I'm sure, being a priest yourself, you could probably get into Duncan's head pretty well and would have a unique perspective to lend to a story told from that point of view. 

I know Annie is from your side of the pond, although she hasn't posted much of late.  I think she may still lurk here on occasion.   If you are available for Sunday night chats, that is a good way to meet some of our regulars here.  They are fairly late for UK folks--close to midnight, I think?  Whatever 7 PM US Eastern Time converts to over there.  But even if you can only peek in for a few minutes, we'd be glad to see you there.  KK shows up on a fairly regular basis, if she's not swamped with real life stuff.  I'm not sure if I'll be there tonight myself (I've got to be across town earlier in the afternoon and don't know yet if I can make it back home in time for chat, though I'll stop in when we're home if it's still going), but if you are available at that time, feel free to drop in and say Hi to the other chat regulars.  The link to the chatroom is in the "Places" section at the top of the forum board.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!